Assessment & Testing Services
Current assessment and testing waitlist estimates:
- Adult comprehensive assessment is currently about 2-4 months
- Adult ADD specific testing waitlist is currently 1 month or less
- Child (under 18) testing services wait list are highly variable; 4-8 months is our best estimate at this time
We offer comprehensive psycho-educational and neuropsychological assessments for a variety of academic, attention, medical and emotional difficulties including:
- learning disabilities
- attention deficit disorders
- cognitive and emotional difficulties
- memory difficulties
- head injuries and other medically related cognitive difficulties
Our testing providers are graduate students from Pacific University's School of Graduate Psychology. Their clinical supervisors are licensed psychologists and Pacific University faculty members. Our testing providers are required by the American Psychological Association to securely record testing sessions to be viewed by their clinical supervisors.
Comprehensive Learning Disability and Neuropsychological Assessments
Our comprehensive psychological assessments diagnose learning disabilities, attention deficit disorders, memory problems, cognitive and emotional difficulties, and neuropsychological issues. We test patients of all ages, starting at 6 years old. Typical assessment patients we see are students experiencing academic problems and seeking accommodations from their school and people with medically related cognitive difficulties. We are not able to diagnose Autism Spectrum Disorder.
Our comprehensive assessment fee is calculated based on take home income and ranges from $625-$1,375. This fee is due at the first appointment. We are not able to bill insurance for any of the testing services described on this page. We are able to run HSA cards and supply clients with service documentation regarding their treatment and payments if they plan file a claim with their insurance carrier.
We offer adult ADD evaluations for a flat fee of $350. We are unable to bill insurance companies for our testing services. Our adult ADD evaluations are ideal for those seeking confirmation of diagnosis to bring to their healthcare providers for medication management or other treatment options. This ADD evaluation is not ideal for students seeking accommodations as it may not provide enough information for disability determination. We are not able to provide this service for people under 18, the comprehensive assessment described above is the only way we can diagnose ADD for this younger age group.
Scheduling Your Assessment
For questions or to inquire about becoming a new patient, please contact our assessment coordinator John Monahan via email at PCH_assessment@contact.pacificu.edu. We will reply with an encrypted message that incudes the information patients need to know before committing to assessment at our clinic. Check your junk folder as our encrypted replies may be directed there. We typically have a wait list, please take that into account along with the details below when factoring your timelines.
What to Expect
- The first appointment involves a clinical interview to hear from you about why you are seeking testing and to collect background information on your health and education history.
- Comprehensive testing typically involves 4-5 appointments of a few hours each to complete the testing. ADD specific testing typically involves 2-3 appointments of a few hours each.
- The interpretation and report writing process for your clinician and their supervising psychologist is labor intensive. We are typically able to provide the written report and feedback session approximately 8 weeks after the final testing session has been completed.
Our testing is comprehensive and so are our recommendations. We provide you with detailed information on what the problem is and what are some steps you can take to be more successful (e.g., in school, work). Our reports are usually accepted by universities/schools when needed to qualify for accommodations/student support services. We meet with you for a final feedback session to go over the results of the testing and our recommendations. You will be given a copy of the written report at that time. We are also happy to send a copy of the report to other agencies/schools with your written permission.
Pacific Psychology & Comprehensive Health Clinic | Portland
1411 SW Morrison St, Suite 310 Portland, OR 97205
503-352-2400 | Fax: 971-266-2955
Pacific Psychology & Comprehensive Health Clinic | Hillsboro
222 SE 8th Ave, Suite 212 Hillsboro, OR 97123
503-352-7333 | Fax: 971-266-2956