Pacific Sponsors Students for E-course on Race, Power, and Privilege
Pacific University faculty are sponsoring undergraduate and graduate/professional students who wish to attend SpeakOut’s Race, Power, and Privilege e-course. This is a great way to continue the ongoing conversation about race power and privilege on our own campus and will give students an opportunity to learn more amidst the BLM Movement and how we can actively be anti-racist. Once registered, you will have 24/7 access to the e-course for one year.
- unpacks prejudice, discrimination, and oppression
- covers key definitions essential to anti-racism education
- offers activities to assess and evaluate one’s own identity and responsibility
- outlines steps to practice solidarity
Speak Out is a national non-profit organization that educates, inspires and empowers young people to become activists for social justice. Free registration is available to the first 225 students who sign up. Please click on the following links and set up an account. Please do not register directly at SpeakOut:
Setting up the account:
1. Click the link
2. Create an account (username and password).
3. Complete the "purchase" and click "EnrollNow" (note: under "purchase," it will say $0 due).
4. Participants will receive an email with instructions and access to the e-course
Thank you to the following departments, colleges and anonymous donors for their generous contributions to sponsor Pacific University students:
Undergraduate Student Senate
Dean of Students
Student Affairs Office
Center for Gender Equity
College of Optometry
College of Education
School of Pharmacy
School of Graduate Psychology
School of Communication Sciences & Disorders
If you’re interested in helping support work like this in the future, including an upcoming Youth Summit Pacific will be offering to student leadership, please reach out to Jennifer Teeter at email@example.com.