All students have the opportunity to work with a career advisor upon entering Pacific University.
Check out the extensive Career Exploration and Application Resources that we have put together for current students and alumni.
Contact us to schedule an individual career advising session for assistance with:
- Exploring industries, occupations, and employers and making informed career decisions
- Figuring out what you can do with your major
- Assessing interests, values, and skills related to academic and career interests
- Obtaining Work-Study jobs, internships, part-time work, summer jobs, and full-time career positions
- Researching and applying to graduate programs
- Preparing for interviews
- Connecting with professionals
- Developing résumés, cover letters, and job application
We would love to support your career exploration. If you would like 1 on 1 help, please see options available for contacting us and scheduling an appointment.
Gain Work Experience
Part-time jobs, internships, summer employment, full-time positions, volunteer and event opportunities positions are posted at HandShake (pacificu.joinhandshake.com). For more information view our Starting with Handshake document.
Work-Study Jobs and some other on-campus jobs are listed at Pacificu.edu/jobs.
Are you a Graduate Student?
Your work study award begins each year on July 1. You should begin asking around your department and talking to your program's close contacts to ask about possible job openings. Talking with your program is the best way to find jobs. If you get a job before July 1, you need to be re-hired in July to earn money for your job.
Are you a Supervisor?
Contact Human Resources for specific questions about Paycom or policies.