Syllabus Content Suggestions | LSS
Below are some recommended content areas for Arts & Sciences Course Syllabi, along with language and specific information you can use:
- Course Title and Description - The course title and description should match what is in the Pacific course catalog.
- Evaluation and Assessment - Arts and Sciences Policies states:
- Statement of Attendance Policy - For instance, the Arts and Sciences Catalog states that:
- Course Content, Schedule, and Assignments - Content, schedule and assignments should be provided on the syllabus. This is especially helpful for LSS clients who use electronic text services.
- Statement of Academic Conduct Policies - Include a general passage similar to the following, though you may state your own specific choice of sanction, as long as it abides by Arts and Sciences policy:
- Availability of Learning Support Services (LSS) - Services and accommodations are available to students covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act. If students require accommodation, they must contact LSS, at x2194. The Director will meet with a student, review the documentation of their disabilities and discuss the services Pacific offers. Contact should be at the earliest possible point in time. (Students must self-identify. Do not ask students if they have disabilities).
- Final Exams - Scheduled hours for final exams are part of the instructional hours for each course. When a student has three finals on the same day, the middle final will be rescheduled. Faculty will arrange times such that the faculty member gives only one alternative time for the final. Final exams should not be administered other than on the assigned dates and times (see the Registrar page for finals schedule).