Athletic Training Program Admissions
- Verified ATCAS application
- Official transcripts from every institution attended must be sent directly to ATCAS to verify the application.
- Two letters of recommendation are required. At least one letter of recommendation from an athletic trainer is preferred. It is recommended that the second letter of recommendation is from another athletic trainer, college faculty member, or employer.
- Demonstrated plan to complete all prerequisite requirements
- Completion of a bachelor's degree or demonstrated plan to complete a bachelor's degree
- Recommend that the last 45 credits GPA is 2.75 or higher
- A minimum of 50 hours of volunteering or observation under the supervision of an athletic trainer or related health care professional is recommended
- Fulfillment of the Technical Standards
- Participation in an online interview with Athletic Training Admission Committee
- Currently, the Athletic Training Program is unable to accept international students
The applications to the program are managed by ATCAS. The fee is $93 for the first program you apply to and $55 for each additional program.
The Admissions Committee considers many factors, including:
- Strength and breadth of academic record
- Evidence of volunteering or observation under the supervision of an athletic trainer or related health care professional
- Strength of letters of evaluation
- Essay responses
The GRE is not required.
Prior to enrollment in the professional program, students must earn a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university and have completed the prerequisites courses.