Advantage Scholars Program
The Pacific University Advantage Scholars Program offers students rigorous preparation for careers in the health professions through a combination of coursework, advising, observational hours, experiential learning opportunities, and assistance with the graduate school application process. Students must apply to the Advantage Program. See Program Requirements for additional information.
- Health Professions Education course series:
- HPE 190: Passport in Health Professions Education
- HPE 290: Intro to Clinical Practice
- HPE 390: Managing the Graduate School Application Process
- Early exposure to various healthcare careers, including pathways to prepare to enter these careers. Guest speakers will discuss opportunities and challenges, as well as educational and other requirements for various healthcare careers.
- A hands-on learning approach. Advantage Scholars are encouraged to gain experience through observational hours, internships, and research opportunities.
- Pre-professional advising through in-depth guidance from a pre-health professions faculty advisor and Advantage career advisor including assistance in developing academic plans consistent with student goals.
- Assistance with professional program applications from the Academic & Career Advising Center and Advantage Advisor. Get advice and support with preparation of resumes, applications, admissions essays, and requests for scholarships, assistantships, and grants for graduate school.
- A strong, academically competitive liberal arts education. Pacific’s core curriculum offers the advantages of a broad-based education. This enhances a student’s ability to relate to patients and helps develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills which will prepare the student academically for the rigors of professional school.