Advantage Scholars Program
The Pacific University Advantage Program offers students rigorous preparation for careers in the health professions through a combination of coursework, advising, observational hours, experiential learning opportunities, and assistance with the application process. Students must apply to the Advantage Program. See Program Requirements for additional information.
- Early exposure to various healthcare careers, including pathways to prepare to enter these careers. Guest speakers will discuss opportunities and challenges, as well as educational and other requirements for various healthcare careers.
- A hands-on learning approach. Advantage Scholars are encouraged to gain experience through observational hours, internships, and research opportunities obtained by the students with assistance from the Career Development Center.
- Pre-professional advising through in-depth guidance from a pre-health professions faculty advisor and Advantage career advisor including assistance in developing academic plans consistent with student goals.
- Assistance with professional program applications from the Career Development Center and Advantage career advisor. Get advice and support with preparation of resumes, applications, admissions essays, and requests for scholarships, assistantships, and grants for graduate school.
- A strong, academically competitive liberal arts education. Pacific’s core curriculum offers the advantages of a broad-based education. This enhances a student’s ability to relate to patients and helps develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills which will prepare the student academically for the rigors of professional school.
Learn more about the types of programs Pacific University offers.