Meal Plan Information

All students residing in the residence halls in a room or unit without a full kitchen participate in one of the four full Meal Plans offered. Students can choose not to have a meal plan if they meet the eligibility requirements. The fall meal plan ends and the spring plan begins mid-January.  NOTE: There is not a separate winter term plan.  Meal Plans Rates 

Learn more about dining at Pacific on the Dining Services website

Full Meal Plans (Plans 1-4)

There are two parts to these type of meal plans: Block Meals and Declining Balance (DB).

Part 1: Block Meal Allowance

No missed meals! Start the semester with a block - specified number - of meals. One block is subtracted from your meal plan each time you participate in the all-you-care-to-eat meals offered in the University Center.

NOTE: Unused block meals do not transfer to the next semester.

Part 2: Declining Balance (DB)

Pay as you go - Declining Balance (DB) works like a pre-paid debit card that lets you supplement your block meal allowance and can be used at all Pacific University Dining Services locations on campus. Your DB can be used for breakfast, lunch and snack items and the purchase amount is subtracted from the balance in your account.

NOTE: Unused DB remaining on a student's meal plan at the end of the fall semester will carry over to the spring semester. Students are extended a one-time opportunity while a student at Pacific to carry over up to $100 of DB from spring semester to the following fall semester, provided the student is enrolled for the fall semester. Inquire with Dining Services.

Changing a Meal Plan

There is an option to change your meal plan during the first two weeks of Fall and Spring Semesters. This is done by filling out a Meal Plan Change Form through the Housing Office located in Clark Hall. NOTE: Changing or signing up for a meal plan is for the full academic year.

Remember, if you are in a room or unit without a full kitchen you are required to be on Meal Plan 1, 2, 3, or 4.

Purchasing Dining Dollars

Students who live on campus may purchased Dining Dollars anytime during the academic year by completing a request form through the Housing Office (minimum purchase of $50). Charges are placed on the student account. Students who live off campus who want to purchase Dining Dollars and have it charged to their student accounts must do so through the Business Office. Dining Dollars purchased through the year will roll over from year to year provided still a student at Pacific University.

Limited Meal Service

Limited meal service is defined as limited hours of service, and limited menu items. May occur during holiday breaks, semester breaks, and spring break.

Eligibility Requirements

All students residing in a room or unit WITHOUT a full kitchen are required to participate in one of the four full meal plans offered, 1, 2, 3 or 4.