Dietary Needs Input Process
WE GOT YOU! Bon Appetit Managers and chefs are well-trained to help you with your food allergy needs. It’s our purpose to meet your dietary needs. In our kitchens we cook from scratch, so we can be nimble and flex to meet your specific needs without being boring.
- Our scratch-based cooking system means we have control over ingredients.
- We offer robust vegan and vegetarian options, as well as ones made without gluten-containing ingredients.
- Our rigorous protocol for handling various food allergens is in line with FARE recommendations for restaurants.
- We can help you manage your diet on an individual basis, speak to your on-site café manager anytime about your needs.
Students who have a medically documented health condition and want assistance navigating Bon Appetit’s dining options can choose to participate in this process.
Here’s how it works:
- Request a Dietary Needs Input form from the Housing Office, and complete it with your primary physician. You are encouraged to make your request prior to the first day of classes.
- Your primary physician must complete the form and submit answers to the required questions on their official letterhead. Then they return the documents directly to the Housing Office.
- After the required information is received from your primary physician, a meeting will be set-up within 10-business days for you with the Bon Appetit General Manager, the Executive Chef, and Director of Housing. You will have the opportunity to share your dietary situation, and they will work with you to make a specific plan that meets your needs.
Note: The 10-business day time frame is an estimate and may vary due to the schedules of those involved in the process.