Opened in 2014, Cascade Hall is a traditional residence hall that houses mostly first-year, second-year and third-year students. Featuring a sustainable design, Cascade offers students several community lounges, recreation areas, study spaces and community kitchens to launch their college living experience.
Size: About 200 students
Features: Cascade is a gender-inclusive hall and houses the Rainbow Wing (as of fall 2023), a specialty housing section of one floor for LGBTQIA+ students and allies and all-gender community bathroom. The hall has 1-2 private-use all-gender bathrooms with showers on each floor, as well as community bathrooms with showers on each floor that are designated as women's or men's.
Location: Next to the University Center dining hall and tennis courts
Each individual bedroom is furnished with:
- Extra long twin beds
- Desk chair
- Stackable dresser drawers
- Views of the Cascade Lawn, tennis courts, or Strain Science Center
All rooms are ADA adaptable.
Single Occupancy Unit (25 units available)
Double Occupancy Unit (71 units/142 total beds available)
Deluxe Double Occupancy Unit (6 units/12 total beds available)
Features additional square footage compared to a standard double occupancy unit.
Double Suite Occupancy Unit (6 units/24 total beds available)
Each unit has one door to the hallway with two double bedrooms inside. The unit also has a full bathroom with sink/vanity area in the room's private hallway.
This sample double occupancy unit layout shows how students typically arrange a Double room.
* Not to scale
- Wireless internet access throughout
- Energy efficient heating and cooling
- Keyless entry to main entrances
- Main floor lounges with fireplace, large screen TV and recreational game tables
- Community kitchens on first and fourth floors for social gatherings
- Covered porches and community BBQ area
- Community study lounge on each floor
- Window seats and study alcoves in corridors
- Laundry room on first and third floors (machines are free)
- Cascade Hall is staffed by a full-time Area Coordinator (AC) and paraprofessional Resident Assistants (RAs)
- An RA is on call from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. Sunday through Thursday and 24 hours a day during weekends and holidays
- Campus Public Safety support 24/7
- All exterior door entries controlled by card access
Cascade Hall is built to LEED certification standards and features a number of environmentally friendly design elements, including:
- Low Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) paint and carpeting throughout
- Recycled materials in concrete, steel, insulation and drywall
- Dual-flush toilets
- Low-flow plumbing fixtures
- Smart boxes that control heating & cooling
- Energy efficient mechanical systems
- Energy efficient lighting
- Water efficient landscaping
- Native plant species
- Reduced light pollution
- Energy efficient roofing materials
- Regionally harvested and manufactured materials
- Energy star rated washers and dryers
- Natural daylight