Master of Education
Offered at Pacific University's Eugene and Forest Grove campuses, the Master of Education program is for licensed teachers who want to deepen their expertise with a specialization. Candidates also can earn an Oregon Professional Teaching License as part of the degree.
The program consists of two core areas: the Foundation Core and the Specialization Core, as well as electives comprising a total of 30 semester credits.
All candidates complete the courses in the Foundation Core.
In some cases, candidates have an opportunity to add some electives into their Specialization Core area.
Candidates choose to specialize in one of the following areas, taking courses listed in one of Pacific's endorsement or certificate programs:
- Reading Intervention Endorsement
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) Endorsement
- Special Education Endorsement
- Talented and Gifted Specialization
- Technology Learning Certificate
- Cultural Competence Certificate