With eyes on the skies for a pair of solar eclipses, Pacific's Todd Duncan & Karl Citek provide insights into the science behind eclipses and tips for keeping your eyes safe for upcoming events in October and April.
Student Affairs Front Desk
The Student Affairs Front Desk is located just inside the main entrance of Clark Hall on the Forest Grove Campus. We provide information for visitors, as well as a variety of services for students, faculty, and staff.
The Front Desk is open Monday through Friday from 9:00am - 12:30pm and 1:30pm - 5:00pm. Feel free to stop by or contact us during our office hours for any questions.
Forest Grove Parking Permits
Students, staff and faculty must register their vehicles to obtain a parking permit. Starting in July 2023, Forest Grove parking permit terms are transitioning from the calendar year (January to December) to the academic year (July to June). Permits must be renewed each academic year. The Student Affairs Front Desk manages Forest Grove parking permit applications.
Forest Grove Parking Permit Fees
Parking permit fees are charged to students’ university accounts. Costs for student parking permits are as follows:
- $100 for a parking permit, permit renewal, or replacement parking permit
- For the 23-24 academic year only: if a returning student has a permit with a yellow “Valid 2023” sticker, this permit will remain valid through December 2023. Students extending their parking permit through the full academic year will pay $50 and will receive a 23-24 parking sticker.
Complete the Forest Grove Parking Registration Form to request a new parking permit, replace a lost parking permit, renew an active parking permit, or just update your information (e.g. purchased a new car, permanent license plates arrived, moved to a new address, etc.)
New permits for new undergraduate students will be distributed at new student Orientation. All other permits will be mailed to UC Boxes as follows:
- Undergraduate students: personal UC Box
- Graduate students: program UC Box
- Staff and faculty: department UC Box
Please allow 2 weeks for processing.
Students are only allowed to have one active parking permit at a time. Faculty and staff may have up to two active parking permits.
Temporary Parking Passes for Guests
Pacific University students, faculty, or staff members hosting guests for short-term visits or events can submit the Temporary Parking Pass Request Form.
- Requests are reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis.
- Guests will need to have a Pacific-affiliated host submit a request on their behalf.
- Temporary parking pass requests should be placed at least one week prior to the date(s) for which they have been requested, and will be sent to the requestor electronically once approved.
Learn more about parking on the Forest Grove Campus.
Residence Hall Poster Policy
University Departments and registered student organizations in good standing are permitted to submit posters/flyers for display in the residence halls, provided that they receive approval from Residence Life or Student Affairs staff and abide by the Poster Policy in the Residence Hall Handbook. Posters will only be hung by hall staff, and only in approved areas; individuals outside of Residence Life, Hall Government and RHA may not post any items in or on the exterior of the buildings.
To be approved, a poster must contain the following required elements:
- The name of the sponsoring club or university organization
- A description of the event/activity/initiative/service/course
- The date/time/location of the event, if applicable
- A contact email address of a host person/university organization
- A blank/lightly colored 1”x3” space on the poster for an approval stamp if the poster has a dark/black background
For a poster to be considered, please fill out the Student and Organization Poster Request Form. Upon review, a staff member will reach out to provide further instructions on how to proceed with poster distribution.
The construction team is wrapping up interior concrete work, with the final floor slab pour scheduled for Sept. 25. At the end of this week, the team will begin prepping to pour the new accessible ramps at the main entry and east stairwell. Window installation is complete on level 2, and the team continues to make rapid progress on window install on level 1.
Pacific University was ranked for best value, best for veterans, and best for social mobility.