Program Admissions | RTL Program
Complete the School of Learning & teaching online application (The Spring 2024 application will open soon).
Contact Interim Program Director Dr. Jason Niedermeyer (email@example.com) for more information.
RTL Residents must have a bachelor’s degree qualifying them to teach Elementary School, or Middle/High School math, science, social studies, English language arts, Spanish, or French.
Is the RTL Program for you?
- Are you working (or plan to apply for employment) as a teacher at least half-time in a school district, charter school, or qualifying private school?
- Do you have a bachelors degree?
- Are you teaching in an elementary school classroom, or teach science, math, social studies, or English language arts in a middle or high school?
- Do you have the experience, background, interest, and passion for designing meaningful learning for all students?
- Are you prepared to challenge yourself to become a licensed, transformative teacher in your community?
Qualities of an RTL Teacher Resident
- Knowledge of community and culture
- Understanding of child development
- Time management
- Personal Organization
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Enjoy children and the classroom
- Strong commitment to teaching as a career
- Reflectiveness and the ability to challenge one’s own assumptions
- Cultural competence
- Capacity for learning and growth
This program is accredited by the Oregon Teacher Standards and Practices Commission (TSPC).