Rachel Thompson DHS ‘17 joined the Dentists at Orenco team in Hillsboro, Ore.
Dental Hygiene (BSDH)
The bachelor of science in dental hygiene at Pacific's Hillsboro Campus is a two-year program designed for students who have completed prerequisite coursework. The program provides a broad educational experience along with technical skills, developed in state-of-the-art facilities. The dental hygiene program provides students with a variety of clinical opportunities, caring for diverse patient populations.
- Learn from faculty who care deeply about your learning and success
- Enjoy broad educational experiences that emphasize communication skills, critical thinking, cultural awareness, community service and professional leadership
- Study in state-of-the-art classroom and clinical facilities at Pacific’s interdisciplinary Hillsboro Campus
- Work alongside graduate students in physical and occupational therapy, physician assistant studies, professional psychology, pharmacy, healthcare administration, and athletic training
- Provide care to diverse patient populations in the 16-chair Dental Hygiene Clinic, with an emphasis on providing care for patients with limited access to dental care
- Complete clinic enrichment experiences in a variety of healthcare settings which include a dental school, public health clinic, community hospital, Indian Health Services dental clinic, managed care clinics and a long-term care facility
SpeakOut’s Race, Power, and Privilege E-Course offers video lessons, readings, activities, reflections, check-ins, and resources that help foster a more equitable and inclusive campus culture. Free enrollment being offered to a limited number of undergraduate and graduate students.
GradRates says value of Pacific University's undergraduate degree in dental hygiene makes it No. 1 in the nation.