Learning Outcomes | Marketing
After Pacific | Students build applicable skills through a variety of internship opportunities, and our graduates find positions in public and private organizations, government, not-for-profit organizations, sales, research, advertising and promotion, management and consulting.
Student Learning Outcomes
The marketing concentration is designed to prepare students who are interested in a marketing and/or marketing management career.
Students will gain an understanding of broad marketing functions in management settings as well as a broad based foundation in finance, accounting and management. While gaining an understanding of the business environment, the course provides an overview of social, political, legal, technological, economic, behavioral, ethical and international aspects of marketing. Successful graduates of the marketing concentration will be able to:
- Understand fundamental marketing concepts, theories and principles in areas of marketing policy; of market and consumer behavior; of product, distribution, promotion and pricing decisions.
- Understand the role of marketing as a fundamental organizational policy process.
- Analyze the interaction of marketing and environmental forces through an understanding of marketing decisions and practices with social, technological, economic, and political forces
- Apply the knowledge, concepts, tools necessary to understand challenges and issues of marketing in a growing international and global context.
- Appreciate the importance of cultural adaptation of international business and marketing through appraisal and critical analysis of the social, technological, political, legal and economic forces that affect business performance