Who Should Apply | Vision Science (MS)
The degree is open to applicants who have completed or are on track to complete the equivalent of a bachelor's degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution, and fulfill all of the admissions requirements.
Those with Bachelor's Degrees
People with a BS degree and interested in vision science or vision health.
The Master of Science in Vision Science program will most likely interest those trained in optometry, biology, psychology, physics, computer science or a related field. It may also appeal to those who are aspiring to be leaders in a patient care, academic, or industrial setting. The enhanced education and research skills will prepare the individual for success in those environments. (Generally 2 years)
Those with OD Degrees or in an OD Program
- Current students of Pacific University College of Optometry
- Students may pursue OD and MS degrees concurrently. The best application time in the Spring semester of the first year of OD study.
- Graduates of an ACOE accredited professional optometry degree program
- Students with an OD degree may complete all degree requirements within one year (three semesters) of study
- Both the OD/MS dual degree program and the post-OD graduate program help bridge the gap between the scientific research and clinical practice, and make one a better clinician and a better researcher
MSVS Brochure in English (pdf)