Students who qualify for Dance Talent Scholarships receive awards that range from $1,000 to $6,000 for Dance Majors and $1,000 to $3,000 for Dance Minors. Students applying to Pacific as incoming first year or transfer students are eligible for these scholarships. Scholarships are given to students based on merit and who intend to pursue a Dance major or minor and have a strong passion to continue performing throughout all four years at Pacific University.
Consider applying for a scholarship to pursue your art at Pacific!
- Currently accepting video submissions! Submit your application here
- Accepting auditions through March 12
- Once you submit your application to email@example.com, the department will contact you to schedule your Zoom interview in February and early March 2021.
How to Apply
The Talent Scholarships in Dance are intended to help support distinguished dance students who plan to pursue a Dance Major or Dance Minor. Scholarships range from $1,000 to $6,000 for Dance Majors and $1,000 to $3,000 for Dance Minors and are renewable for up to 4 years with continued participation in the dance major/minor.
In order to apply for the talent scholarship application, you must be accepted through Admissions prior to submitting an application.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a message of your intent to apply.
- Submit the application package electronically here at least two weeks before your audition.
- Once you submit your application, the department will contact you to schedule an interview via Zoom.
- Applicants will be notified of their award by the Office of Financial Aid.
One Letter of Recommendation
Submit one Letter of Recommendation from a dance instructor/mentor via the application
Complete a Dance Resume (pdf files only)
Your resume should include the following information:
- Name, address, email, phone number:
- HIGH SCHOOL ATTENDED/CITY, STATE:
- Current GPA
- Intent to complete a Dance major or Dance minor
- Training at Dance School(s), area(s) of training, years of training in each area.
- Performance experience.
- Title of work, choreographer, description of work, location of performance
- The resume should be saved as Firstname.Lastname.Resume.pdf
- Example – Jennifer.Camp.Resume.pdf
- Attach separate photo files from Resume (jpeg or pdf only)
- 8 x 10 black and white headshot photo (jpeg or pdf only) AND
Choose either below:
- 8 x 10 black and white photo of a side view in first arabesque (jpeg or pdf only)
- OR 8 x 10 a full-‐bodied contemporary dance image of yourself that clearly showcases the lines of the body (jpeg or pdf only)
As part of the application process, please record a 2-minute solo (see attire requirements below).
Introduce yourself and express why you would like to attend Pacific University’s Dance Program.
- Please list on your Resume the link to your 2-minute solo on Youtube, Vimeo, Google Drive, and include the link as part of the application package. It can be in any dance form that represents your talent.
- The deadline for a Video Submission is March 1, 2020
Dance Attire for Audition
Women: close-fitting dance attire appropriate for the presentation of your solo. No ballet skirts or leg warmers.
Men: close-fitting dance clothes, dance belt, fitted t-shirt appropriate for your solo.
Hair: should be neat and out of the face.
Shoe: Shoes should be appropriate for your solo and genre of dance.
Please contact email@example.com with questions regarding dance attire and any questions regarding the application process.
Once you have submitted your application, you will be notified to schedule an interview via Zoom.
Requirements for scholarship awardees:
Students who receive a dance talent scholarship are expected to pursue a dance major or minor and participate in Pacific Dance Ensemble yearly.
Jennifer Camp | Director of Dance
2043 College Way, UC Box A131
Forest Grove, OR 97116