Boxer Alerts & Emergency Contact Information

Boxer Alerts for Parents & Families 

Subscribe to emergency notifications as a Pacific parent

Pacific University offers a state-of-the-art alert notification system powered by Omnilert, called "Boxer Alerts." Boxer Alerts sends emergency notifications and weather-related campus closures to all registered mobile phones, email addresses and RSS feeds.

To receive Boxer Alerts, you MUST OPT IN.

If you are a Pacific University parent you may subscribe to Boxer Alerts via SMS, but following these steps:

  1. Send a text from your cell phone to 79516, which is the "short code" for Pacific's emergency alert system. It is also the number from which Boxer Alert messages will be sent to you.
  2. Type in the message: PACUPARENT
  3. Once you send the message, you will receive a response welcoming you to Omnilert.

Disclaimer: there is no subscription fee for users of this service, however, standard text messaging fees and data rates may apply. Pacific University is not responsible for any costs incurred by users whom subscribe to this service.

Student Emergency

In cases where a student is hospitalized, arrested, or if an emergency arises where a student is unable to make a decision for themselves, or where a student may inflict imminent harm, the Deans of Students Office may consult with parents about the kind of help needed.

In most cases, however, we offer assistance to students directly and expect them to keep parents informed of their needs and situation. 

If you have any further questions, contact the Office of the Deans of Students.

Family Emergency

If you as a parent or family member have an emergency and need to contact your son or daughter during the day, you may call the Student Affair Main Office (located in Clark Hall) at 503-352-2200. The main office is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Student Affairs staff will deliver a message to your student's room, class, or workplace as soon as possible.

In the evenings or on weekends, if a concern arises and you are unable to reach your son or daughter, you may call Campus Public Safety at 503-352-2230 for assistance in contacting your student.