Apply Now to the School of Learning & Teaching
Step One | Complete the School of Learning & Teaching Applications
Students new to Pacific University should use the online application. Current Pacific University undergraduates seeking an education and learning major with licensure should use the PDF form. Candidates seeking an add-on endorsement to their license email email@example.com for Forest Grove or firstname.lastname@example.org for Eugene for application information.
Step Two | Submit the following items:
- Highlight your experience with children and youth
All official college transcripts (Pacific University transcripts waived)
Letters of evaluation/recommendation (PDF Form)
- Three letters for graduate programs
- Two letters for undergraduate programs
- For undergraduate teacher licensure & MAT program: 2-3 page essay and include your name. Choose one of the prompts;
Choose one aspect of your educational career that left you feeling unfulfilled. Do some research on that topic (3 professional-level sources APA format) and, mixed with your personal experiences, suggest how you would improve that aspect.
How do you think education will be different in a post COVID-19 environment? Do some research on that topic (3 professional-level sources APA format) and, mixed with your personal experiences, elaborate on why you think that.
How would you build a classroom community with a student who is unable to attend your class in person? Do some research on that topic (3 professional-level sources APA format) and, mixed with your personal experiences, elaborate on what you would do.
- For the MAT Arbor program: Two essays required. Email email@example.com for specific topics.
- For the undergraduate and MAT SPED programs: An essay on your personal and professional goals as a special educator.
- For the MAT STEM program: Pacific University prepares teachers who support the participation and success of all students. What does this mission mean to you as a future STEM teacher?
Step Three | Submit Application Fee
- The fee is $35
- Fee is waived for current Pacific University Students and Arbor Program applicants