OSSP Workshop Series
OSSP provides workshops on a variety of scholarly, sponsored projects, and research compliance topics. The sessions are aimed at providing faculty, students, and staff with information and training in key areas to support scholarly work.
FY23-24 OSSP Online Workshop Series:
Responsible Conduct of Research Series (all run 12 PM - 12:55 PM on noted date)
- Sept 19th – RCR Kick-off Session: What is Responsible and Ethical Conduct of Research? Overview of RCR Program
- Sept 26th - Research Misconduct - CANCELED; to be rescheduled in October.
- Oct 10th - Research Compliance with Human and Animal Research, Laboratory Safety, and Biosafety Register here
- Oct 24th - Responsible Authorship, Publication, and Peer Review Register here
- Nov 14th - Scientist as a Member of Society, Biomedical Research Ethics, and Social and Environmental Impacts of Research Register here
- Nov 28th - Safe Research Environments - Inclusion and Free from Discrimination or Harassment Register here
- Nov 29th - OSSP Scholarship Talk on Intellectual Property with Jennifer Yruegas, JD, at 12:15 via Zoom. Contact OSSP for the webinar link.
- Dec 12th - Mentor/Mentee Responsibilities, Relationships, and Resources Register here
- Sessions resume in February 2024 with all things Data - Data Acquisition, Management, Record Keeping, Retention, Ownership, Analysis, Interpretation, and Sharing!
Sponsored Projects – Grant Writing Series: Workshop sessions run 12:15PM to 1:15PM on the scheduled date unless otherwise noted.
- Oct 3rd - Developing your research or project plan.
- Oct 17th - Finding funding: Databases, resources, and tips. Register here
- Nov 7th - RFPs, FOAs, & NOFOs: Understanding funding announcements to prepare your grant application. Register here
- Dec 5th - Writing, organizing, and revising your proposal. Register here
- Sessions resume in February 2024. We'll start with developing your proposed project budget!
OSSP Scholarship Talks Series - Contact OSSP for webinar link
- Nov 29th - Intellectual Property, with Jennifer Yruegas, JD.
- Jan 31st - Human Subjects Research, with Breanna Hugon, MA, CIP
OSSP Grant Writing Video Workshop Series (asynchronous)
- Grant Writing Video Workshop Series 1: Preparing a Grant Application
- Grant Writing Video Workshop Series 2: Types of Research and Scholarship Activities (Basic and Applied Research)
Link to Box folder with shared workshop and seminar series speakers' PowerPoint presentations.
If you have a subject you wish to be covered at an OSSP workshop, please email OSSP with suggestions.
Additional Federal Grant Writing Training and Resources
Grants.gov Grants Learning Center
NSF Virtual Grants Conference Resource Center
SBIR/STTR Online application tutorials
USDA (NIFA) Grant writing tips for success
U.S. Dept. of Justice Application and Submission Training