Student Learning Outcomes | Vision Science (MS)
The mission of the Vision Science Graduate Program is to provide opportunities for graduate students to:
- Advance knowledge in vision science,
- Develop research expertise in advanced experimental approaches and state-of-the-art research skills,
- Gain empirical experience in knowledge dissemination through scientific writing and research presentations, and
- Prepare for careers in academic institutions, governmental research/regulation sectors, or private corporations.
Through intense coursework and empirical research work, the MS students are expected to:
- With satisfactory performance in coursework, demonstrate advanced knowledge in the general field of vision science and individual's specialized topical area(s).
- Write a research proposal for IRB review
- Conduct original research or a systematic literature review in data gathering and analysis.
- Demonstrate quantitative and qualitative skills in data gathering and analysis.
- Produce a written original thesis f high quality and successfully defend it orally.