Clubs & Organizations | Optometry
Pacific University College of Optometry encourages all students to get involved and attend events. The following clubs and organizations are active.
- Student Optometric Association (SOA)
American Optometric Student Association (AOSA)
- The American Optometric Student Association (AOSA) is an organization dedicated to improving the visual welfare and health of the public, to promote the profession of optometry, and to enhance the education and welfare of optometry students.
Student Clubs & Organizations
- American Academy of Optometry (AAO)
American Public Health Association (APHA)
- The American Public Health Association (APHA) is the oldest and largest organization of public health professionals in the world, representing more than 50,000 members from over 50 occupations of public health.
- Amigos is a group of students from the Pacific University College of Optometry dedicated to providing free, high-quality vision care to underserved people locally and throughout the world.
- AOA Political Action Committee (AOA-PAC)
Armed Forces Optometric Society (AFOS)
- AFOS is the Armed Forces Optometric Society whose members include past and present optometrists of the Army, Air Force, Navy, Reserves, National Guard, Indian Health Services, Veteran's Administration, and Federal Civil Services.
- Association of Schools and Colleges of Optometry (ASCO)
- Beta Sigma Kappa Honor Society (BSK)
College of Optometrists in Vision Development (COVD)
- The College of Optometrists in Vision Development (COVD) is an international professional membership association of optometrists, optometry students and vision therapists.
- Fellowship of Christian Optometrists (FCO)
- National Board of Examiners in Optometry (NBEO)
National Optometric Student Association (NOSA)
- The National Optometric Student Association - The National Optometric Student Association is an organization comprised of optometry students from across the U.S.
Optometric Extension Program (OEP)
- Optometric Extension Program is a foundation that provides materials and resources to promote learning of and continued interest in behavioral and performance optometry.
- Optometric Physicians of Washington (OPW)
- Oregon Optometric Physicians Association (OOPA)
- Pacific Affiliate for Vision Awareness (PAVA)
Professional Programs Council (PPC)
- The PPC serves as a means by which graduate students communicate between schools; and articulates common concerns to the University.
Sports Vision Club (SVC)
- Sports Vision Club is a club within the College of Optometry created to give students exposure to Sports/Performance Vision