Sport Leadership & Management Student Outcomes
Graduates of the sport leadership and management program are prepared to enter the sport and recreation industry and/or advanced preparation in pursuit of their dream profession. With careful selection of courses and experiential opportunities, students will pursue a wide range of fields including (but not limited to) coaching, recreation management, athletic administration, and sports marketing.
By completing a major in Sport Leadership & Management, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an advanced knowledge of theories and skills for effective leadership and professional success
- Apply critical thinking and reasoning skills to improve sporting/recreational opportunities and enhance competence for diverse populations
- Examine and analyze ethical and moral issues related to sport management and leadership
- Demonstrate effective communication, orally and in writing, with lay and professional audiences
- Demonstrate appropriate levels of independence, judgement, and professionalism in management and leadership environments