Get Help for Dating/Domestic/Relationship Violence

In an emergency where someone is being harmed or in immediate physical danger, please call 911.

Help for Dating/Domestic/Relationship Violence

Determining what to do when experiencing relationship violence can be confusing, and determining when and how to leave an abusive relationship can be scary and sometimes dangerous.  Safety planning can be helpful and provide options for how to deal with an abusive relationship.

The following resources can help with safety planning including:

  • What to do when there is an assault currently happening
  • What to do when planning to leave the relationship
  • How to stay safe after leaving the relationship

Help for Stalking

If you are experiencing unwanted behaviors from an individual known or unknown to you which are making you feel afraid for your physical safety here are some things you can do.

  • If you are in immediate physical danger, call 911
  • Take threats seriously
  • Keep evidence of the stalking: preserve texts, emails, phone messages/logs, letters, notes
  • Contact the police and/or a confidential advocate and let them know what you are experiencing.  They can help you file a restraining order against the stalker.

Campus Public Safety and Law Enforcement

Campus Public Safety
Phone: 503-352-2230

Forest Grove Police Department
Emergency:  911
Non-Emergency Phone: 503-629-0111

Hillsboro Police Department
Emergency: 911
Non-Emergency Phone: 503-629-0111

Portland Police Department
Emergency:  911
Non-Emergency Phone:  503-823-3333

Eugene Police Department
Emergency:  911
Non-Emergency Phone:  541-682-5111

Confidential Resources

Domestic Violence Resource Center
24-Hour Crisis Line: 503-469-8620

Call to Safety (Formerly Portland Women’s Crisis Line)
24 Hour Crisis Line: 503-235-5333

Washington County Victim’s Assistance Program, District Attorney’s Office
Phone: 503-846-8671

Portland Women’s Crisis Line
Phone: 503-235-5333

Men’s Resource Center
Phone: 503-235-3433


Talk to a Confidential Advocate - Pacific University Confidential Advocacy Network

A Confidential Advocate is a trained professional who can help you identify resources and help you sort through your options. 

Confidential Advocates

  • Assist survivors of sexual assault, relationship violence and stalking
  • Do not share information with University administrators, law enforcement, or any other entity unless you provide expressed written consent to having such information shared (the only exception to this are issues concerning possible child abuse, elder abuse or threats to self or others)
  • Can accompany you during interviews, phone calls, line-ups, or any other proceeding, meeting, hearing that involves criminal or university reports

Your Rights

Should you experience sexual assault, sexual violence, dating or domestic violence or stalking, you have the right to:

  • Talk to law enforcement and report the incident to law enforcement or not.  (Victims of crime may be eligible for reimbursement of expenses such as medical/counseling and loss of wages.)
  • Take legal action against the accused including filing a civil or criminal complaint in court or file for a restraining order or similar lawful orders issued by criminal or civil courts
  • Talk to the university Title IX office and report the incident or not
  • Request the university take action to address the incident and to do so in a timely manner
  • Receive interim supportive measures
  • Talk with a confidential resource
  • Access campus and community resources
  • Do nothing and tell no one unless and until you are ready to do so
  • Be treated with respect and without prejudice