Pharmacy Faculty Earn Promotions, Appointments
The Pacific University School of Pharmacy is proud to announce the promotions and tenure of eight faculty members in 2020-2021.
- Melanie Petilla and Deepa Rao were named full professors.
- Andrew Bzowyckyj and Marina Suzuki were named associate professors and granted tenure.
- Danielle Backus, John Begert, Anita Cleven and Ryan Gibbard ’03, PharmD ’10 were named associate professors.
Kris Marcus was granted a sabbatical to explore “enhancing systematic review methodology capabilities” in the College of Health Professions.
We also were pleased to welcome new faculty members Chris Burgess, Laura Carpenter and Margaret McKenzie of Providence, Susie Kim of Virginia Garcia Memorial Health Centers, Vivian Chau PharmD '19, and Miranda Steinkopf to our faculty this year.
Finally, congratulations to newly appointed faculty and staff:
- Samira Elikaee, Postdoctoral Fellow
- Rebekah Fettkether, Assistant Dean for Educational Outcomes
- Madeline Fry PharmD ‘14, Assistant Dean for Experiential Education
- Brandon Nuziale, Director of Introductory Pharmacy Practice Experience
- Paje Stelling, Coordinator for Experiential Education
- Brigg Turner, Director of Assessment
- Kelle Miyama '17, PharmD '20 and Paris Smith, Post-Graduate Year 2 Residencies
- Tony Potter, Manager of Pharmacy Bridge Programs