Student Counseling Center Spring 2023 Offerings
For the Spring 2023 semester, the Student Counseling Center (SCC) is excited to offer multiple spaces for students to gain support outside of our counseling services. These gatherings and workshops are provided at no cost to students and are facilitated across our campuses and on-line.
Visit our website for more information on our current services and resources and follow us on Instagram @pacificuniversityscc to hear about new events and programs throughout the year.
SCC Spring 2023 Offerings
Connect at the SCC Table
- Weekly tabling in Forest Grove, noon-1:30 p.m in the UC
- Monthly tabling in Hillsboro, first Thursday, noon-1 p.m. in the lobby of Creighton Hall
- These events provide students a first point of contact with the SCC where they can have questions about mental health care and other topics answered by counseling center staff.
Register Now for Workshops
Mindful Coping is a three-session experiential workshop which utilizes mindfulness exercises to enhance flexibility and develop insights about how one responds to distress. Offered via Zoom for all students/campuses. Registration required.
- Series 1: Fridays, 1-2 p.m., Feb. 10, 17, and 24
- Series 2: Tuesdays, 4-5 p.m., April 11, 18, and 25
Wise Mind is a three-session skill-based workshop series designed to build emotional resiliency by learning distress tolerance skills to manage difficult emotions and thoughts. Offered in an interactive format online starting in October. Registration required.
- Series 1: Tuesdays, 4-5 p.m., Feb. 28, March 7 and 14
- Series 2: Mondays, 4-5 p.m., April 10, 17, and 24
BIPOC Let’s Talk is a confidential space to speak with BIPOC staff and meet other BIPOC students to access support, gain perspectives, explore resources and options in navigating higher education settings, and build community connections. Open to all graduate and undergraduate students who self-identify as BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and people of color) including biracial and multiracial identified individuals; this program is not intended for white-identified allies. Offered via zoom on Wednesdays from 6 to 7 p.m. Follow us on instagram to learn about BIPOC Let's Talk Mixer events this semester!
Queer Let’s Craft is a drop-in space for LGBTQ+ and questioning folks to talk informally with counseling center staff and build community. Offered in person on the Forest Grove and Hillsboro campuses and now features crafts and brief psychoeducation. All students are welcome. No registration required.
- Third Wednesdays, Feb. 15, March 15, April 19, May 3
- 5-6 p.m., Center for Gender Equity, Pacific Hall 127 (formerly Scott hall)
- Third Thursdays Feb. 16, March 16, April 20, May 18
- Noon-1 p.m., HPC2 160
Monthly Crafting and psychoeducation
Monthly crafting and psychoeducation events are being held on both the Forest Grove and Hillsboro campuses. Students can learn about mental health related topics while exercising their creativity. These are informal, drop-in spaces and all students are welcome. No registration required.
First Mondays, 5-6 p.m., UC Lounge, Feb. 6, March 6, April 3, May 1
Second Thursdays, noon-1 p.m., HPC2 Atrium, Feb. 9, March 9, April 13, May 11