Student Accounts

Make A Payment on a Student Account

This section contains information concerning current and future students. If you have questions not answered here, please contact a member of the Business Office Staff.

Business Office Hours

Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Window Hours: Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.

The Business Office is located on the first floor of Marsh Hall on the Forest Grove Campus and it is easy to find Marsh by using our Forest Grove Campus Map (pdf)

If you have questions regarding your student account please contact Ben Bateman 503-352-2178 or Jayme Wong 503-352-2082.

You can also email the Business Office at



Medical Insurance 2017 - 2018

Waiver deadline for Summer 2017 students is May 1, 2017.
 (site will be open 4/18 for students with a Summer 2017 start date)

Waiver deadline for Fall 2017 students is August 13, 2017. (site will be available in mid-July for Fall 2017 students)

More information is available on the PacificSource Health Plans website.

Medical Insurance 2016 - 2017

(8/12/16 - 8/11/17)

More information is available on the Academic HealthPlans website.

Student Accounts  Important Payment Information

Make a payment online

Mail payments to:
Business Office
Pacific University
2043 College Way
Forest Grove, OR  97116
Make sure the student’s full name and ID number is on check.

Semester Payment Plan Due Date
Fall 2017 August 15, 2017
Spring 2018 January 15, 2018

Monthly Payment Plan  (must opt-in via BoxerOnline, $40/semester fee)

Due Dates
Fall 2017 August 15, September 15, October 15, and November 15, 2017
Spring 2018 December 15, 2017, January 15, February 15, and March 15, 2018

$50 per month late fees will be applied after the semester ten-day grace period. It is important that deadlines are met to avoid additional fees as well as to experience timely registration for subsequent semesters. Charges incurred after initial statement and/or refunds are disbursed are subject to late fees if not paid in 30 days. Please review all university correspondence sent to your Pacific email for requirements and deadlines.

If you can't make a payment, contact the Business Office as soon as possible to inform them of your situation and your attempts to make payment. They can further help you and give you advice on what to do for your situation.

If you already have insurance, fill out an Insurance Waiver Form by the deadline.

Refunds and credit balances (pdf)

Student Loans

Can I receive a Short Term Loan before I receive my refund check?

Yes. Short Term Loans are available to current students who will be receiving student loans and will have excess funds after all of their obligations are paid on their student account. The maximum amount we loan is $2,000 and there is a non-refundable fee of $25.
 Please call the Student Accounts office at 503-352-2178 for questions.

Promissory Note for Short Term Loan (pdf)  Application deadline for students who have a Spring 2018 semester is December 8, 2017.  Application deadline for MFA (Master of Fine Arts in Writing) students who have a Spring 2018 semester is December 15, 2017.

Questions about Perkins or Health Profession Loans?
 The Student Account Specialist, Hope Villanueva, can help you with questions about Perkins Loans and Health Profession Loans. 
For information on your Perkins loan, you can visit the My Campus Loan website. For real-time access to your account information, or to make payments, update addresses or sign up for Auto-Draft, visit the My Campus Loan website.

What do I do after I graduate? 
Update your contact information regularly. If you get married or move, let the loan company know as soon as possible to avoid any confusion.

What if I can't make a payment?
 Call Campus Partners 1-800-344-8609 or Hope Villanueva 503-352-2071 or

Do I need to sign a promissory note every year?
 Yes. Please contact the Financial Aid Department.


1098T Tax Form Information

2017 1098T Tax Forms for eligible students will be mailed and also made available on BoxerOnline, no later than the end the day on January 31, 2018. 

(Please note:  If you are a student who has graduated already and need to refresh your BoxerOnline login information, please contact the Technology Help Desk at  or by phone: Main Campus (503) 352-1500 or HPC Campus: (503) 352-7243.)


What is a 1098T Tax Form?

This is a tax form that includes qualified tuition and fees; scholarships, grants and other third-party receipts (not including loans or payments from student or family members); indication of at least half-time status; indication if the student was a graduate student; all according to the date they were posted to the student’s account, within the calendar tax year.

Important note: Usually tuition charges and fees for the Spring semester are charged to the student’s account in the preceding November/December timeframe and therefore, are included in the tax form for the calendar tax year preceding the start date of the Spring semester, with Box 7 check-marked to indicate that a portion of the tuition charges and fees in Box 2, are for an academic period beginning January-March of the following year.  However, Spring semester’s financial aid that would be reported in Box 5 -scholarships, grants and other third-party receipts (not including loans or payments from student or family members), does not post to the student’s account until after January 1st, therefore is reported on the following tax year’s 1098T form. 

Additionally important to note:  Educational institutions can report either in Box 1 (payments) or Box 2 (qualified tuition and fees), but not both.  Pacific University has always reported the Box 2 method, therefore, please understand that payments you make to your account are not reported by the University.  If you file your tax return based on what you paid for qualified tuition and fees, the University’s 1098T tax form does not include that information and your supporting documentation for your payments would include, but not limited to, your payment receipts, the student account statement or otherwise.  For questions regarding a student account, please contact our Student Account Coordinator, Ben Bateman at

To clarify information recorded on your 1098T Tax Form, or if you did not receive the form (and are eligible to receive one), you may send your inquiry via email to the 1098T Tax Form Email Hotline at or call the 1098T Tax Form Hotline (503) 352-3198, which is a voice mailbox (VM).  Include your name, phone number, student ID or SSN and your question, so that research can be done prior to responding.  If you are a parent calling on behalf of your student, you will have to be pre-authorized on the Business Office’s Student Contract Form.  The email and VM will be checked periodically and a response provided as soon as possible.

For all other 1098T tax questions, please consult your tax preparer. Pacific University cannot legally give you advice about your taxes.

Why would I not receive a 1098T Tax Form?

Potential reasons for not receiving a 1098T Tax form:

  • Students only taking courses for which no academic credit is offered.
  • Any student who does not have a United States Social Security Number in your system profile at Pacific University.
  • Students whose qualified tuition and related expenses are entirely covered by scholarships, grants, outside resources, government entities, tuition remission or exchange, other or combination thereof.
  • The preferred mailing address in your system profile at Pacific University is not current at the time the form is generated and mailed.  However, now the forms are also available at BoxerOnline for students eligible to receive one.  The BoxerOnline version began with the 2011 tax year.  Tax form reprints for years prior to 2011 will have to be requested through the tax form hotline number or email.
  • Students who graduated during the calendar year, whose last semester attended was in Spring and tuition charges and fees for that Spring semester were posted to the student’s account in the prior calendar year, therefore included in the prior calendar year’s 1098T Tax Form.

For additional information, including specific instructions for the 1098T form and Publication 970 – Tax Benefits for Education, please visit

Need a Canadian tax form?

If you are a Canadian student and you need a tax form, please fill out the form below and turn it in to Dawn Andresen in the Business Office. If you do not fill out a form, you will not receive a Canadian tax form.

Canadian Tax Form (pdf)