Finance & Administration
The Finance & Administration team is led by the Vice President for Finance and Administration. The office's primary responsibility is the University's financial management including reporting and monitoring of business functions. In addition, the Finance & Administration team provides support, financial reports and analysis to the campus community, the President's Cabinet, and the Board of Trustees. The departments that fall under Finance and Administration include the Budget Office, the Business Office, Facilities Management & Campus Public Safety, Financial Aid, Human Resources & Legal Affairs, Purchasing, and University Information Services (UIS).
Jim Langstraat | Vice President for Finance and Administration
Bethany Ebersole | Executive Assistant to the Vice President for Finance and Administration
Bill Ray | Associate Vice President for Finance and Administration
Susan Pedersen | Director of Budget Operations and ReportingFinance & Administration Organizational Chart University Insurance
Practicum sites, contracts, agreements, and other partnerships may require a Certificate of Insurance. If a contract is involved, it must first be reviewed by the Office of Legal Affairs, who will determine if a certificate of insurance is needed. For a timely response from the University’s insurance agent and underwriter, we ask that you send contracts/agreements to the Office of Legal Affairs two weeks in advance of your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For all other Certificate of Insurance (COI) requests, please complete the request form available online, and then forward it to the Executive Assistant to the VP for Finance & Administration, via email, for processing.
The 2019-2020 Verification of Coverage Letter is available to Pacific University staff and faculty to download now. To determine if you need a COI or a Verification of Coverage letter, or for all other questions on university insurance, please reach out to the Executive Assistant to the VP for Finance & Administration.
- "If Law Enforcement Arrives Unannounced at Your Workplace" information sheet (pdf) - Handout available to the Pacific University community explaining how to handle unannounced visits from law enforcement on campus.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics - CPI (use Portland-Salem CPI-U); Bureau site
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- NACUBO - National Association of College and University Business Officers
- NAICU - National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities
- U.S. Universities by State
- WACUBO - Western Association of College and University Business Officers