The following documents are required for the DS-2019 (US Immigration form).
- Prepare Supplemental Documents:
- Copy of High School Transcript & Diploma or Certificate, or Copy of College Transcript
- Copy of photo page in Passport
- Copy of Bank Statement (and a signed affidavit of support if the bank account given is not in the student’s name)
- Go to ELI Online Application (Do you have all of your information ready? Apply Now) and upload the supplemental documents you have prepared.
After you have been accepted for ELI ADMISSION, please also send us:
- Arrival Form for Airport Pick-Up
- Required Immunization Record (pdf). We MUST receive this before your arrival.
- Housing Application--if you are not married, under age 25, and want to live on campus in a dormitory.
- To apply for a Homestay, please email email@example.com to be connected with our placement partner.
You can only submit the online application once, so make sure you have all the necessary documents or information with you before starting. Please fill out all required spaces, and input your electronic signature. You can upload your required documents to the application form or email them after you submit your application. You can not edit your application after you submit it, so check all of your information before you click submit. When you are ready, please fill out the ELI Online Application.
Please Note: No application fee is necessary, but if express mail is used to ship documents, the student will be charged. For students who live in the following countries, we send I-20 by regular airmail: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, Great Britain, Holland, Italy, Japan New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, South Korea, Spain, Switzerland, Sweden and Taiwan. For all other countries, express mail shipping of documents by express mail is required at students’ expense.
Affidavit of Support
In order to apply, you must also submit an Affidavit of Support (pdf). The link will take you to a separate tab. Please fill out completely, email a scanned copy of the Affidavit of Support to firstname.lastname@example.org. You should submit your application first. Then, email the Affidavit of Support.
Affidavit of Support (pdf)
US Student Visa Instructions
After you apply to Pacific University and are accepted, we will send you an official acceptance letter and a US Immigration form DS-2019. You can then apply for your student visa at the US Embassy in your home country. If you are already in the U.S., please contact us for visa instructions.
To get Your J-1 Student Visa, Follow These 3 Steps
Pay your US $200 SEVIS FEE (I-901) Online.
Please do this step immediately after receiving your DS-2019. This is not a school fee. It is a US Government fee. Please go to: www.fmjfee.com and follow the directions. It will ask for your SEVIS ID number. Your SEVIS ID number is located at the top of your DS-2019 (it begins “N000”). You will need to pay this fee before you visit the US Embassy or Consulate. Be sure to print a copy of your I-901 receipt and take it to your visa appointment.
Make a Visa Appointment at the US Embassy or Consulate in Your Country.
Please do this step immediately after receiving your DS-2019. Telephone or visit the US Embassy website to make the appointment. You may need to wait several weeks for this appointment. You will need to give your SEVIS ID NUMBER to make this appointment.
Go to Your Visa Appointment
You should bring the following documents to the appointment.
- Your DS-2019
- Your I-901 fee receipt
- Your passport
- The DS-156 Visa Application (https://evisaforms.state.gove/ds156.asp)
- Your original financial documents
- Your Passport (must be valid for at least 6 months after the start of your program)
- Your I-20 and a Signed Letter of Acceptance From the School
- Your Financial Documents
- The Name and Contact Information of Your School Advisor
To Enter the U.S Carry These Documents With You
The purpose of our ESL Scholarships is to reward students with top scores in their ESL classes.
Pacific offers one ELI scholarship each session for a currently enrolled student. To receive a scholarship, a student must have already studied two 7-weeks terms in the English Language Institute with perfect grades (4.0 GPA on a 0 – 4 scale). The winner will be picked randomly from all qualified students who apply.
Students who win this scholarship can study one ELI session, full-time, with no charge for ESL course tuition.
The maximum ESL award per students is equal to one 7-week term of ESL tuition.