Global Opportunities Fit Your Needs and Match Your Interests.
Global Scholars gain valuable intercultural experiences through study abroad, internships, short term travel courses, or work placements. You will complete 8 credits of global experiential learning to complete the requirements of the Global Scholars pathway. The Global Scholars pathway is designed to be flexible and customizable to accommodate the needs of a broad range of students. Your Global Scholars and major advisors can help you find the experience that is right for you.
What your 8 credits of global experience might look like:
- A traditional semester- or year-long study abroad program
- An civic engagement project with a local organization that serves a diverse community
- Two four-credit short-term travel courses
- An practicum or work placement that also meets the requirements of your major
- An international internship placement - either in-person or online
- A summer study abroad program
The objective of the global experience is to apply the cultural knowledge and skills gained in the classroom in a real-world setting. It is one thing to learn a second language or to interact with people from a different backgrounds. Your learning comes alive when you use language and intercultural communication skills for everyday interaction.