Racial Equity Support Line at 503-575-3764 Monday through Friday from 10am to 7pm Pacific time. Provided by Lines for Life, led and staffed by people with lived experience of racism. BIPOC professionals offer support to those who are feeling the emotional impacts of racist violence and microaggressions, as well as the emotional impacts of immigration struggles and other cross-cultural issues.
- BlackLine (24/7) at 800-604-5841. Space for peer support, counseling, witnessing and affirming the lived experiences to BIPOC folx who are most impacted by systematic oppression with an LGBTQ+ Black Femme Lens. By us for us.
Pacific University BIPOC and EDI Resources
- Student Counseling Center offers confidential space each week at BIPOC Let's Talk with BIPOC staff for students to access support and mentorship, gain perspectives, build community connection, and explore resources and options such as how to navigate higher education settings and mental health services. The SCC Rising from the Margins web series holds space to support students in drawing on the wisdom of their own experiences of living in the margins and shares additional online resources.
- Student Multicultural Center (SMC) represents students of all identities, cultures and abilities and strives to promote cultural sensitivity through education and advocacy.
- Office of Equity, Diversity & Inclusion provides leadership and partnership to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive campus for students, faculty, and staff, and coordinates the Bias Response Team.
- Tran Library provides information and guides for anti-racist resources, Black History Month, Men of Color, and more.
- Sabiduría, part of Pacific University's Graduate School of Psychology Outreach, provides videos and charlas on mental health topics for the Latinx community.
Mental Health Promotion and Advocacy Resources for the BIPOC Community
Organizations promoting the mental health of Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) through information, podcasts, discussions, events, and more:
- Asian Mental Health Collective, Asian Mental Health Project, Asians Do Therapy
- Black Emotional and Mental Health Collective, Black Mental Health Alliance, Black Mental Wellness, Ourselves Black, Therapy for Black Girls, Black Girls Smile
- Oregon Latinx Leadership Network, and LatinXTherapy.
- Covid-specific resources for those who are undocumented.
- The Safe Place is a Minority Mental Health App geared towards the Black Community to provide inspirational quotes, statistics, self-care tips, and more.
- Liberate Meditation app with guided meditations to ease anxiety, find gratitude, heal internalized racism and micro-aggressions, and celebrate Blackness. By us, for us.
Anti-racism, racial trauma, and coping with discrimination resources:
- Portland United Against Hate
- University of Kentucky's Counseling Center website
- California State University San Marcos website
- POC Online Classroom
- Asian American Racial Justice Toolkit
- Covid-specific resources: Asian Americans Advancing Justice offers resources in response to racism and xenophobia related to the coronavirus. The Steve Fund is dedicated to the mental health and emotional well-being of students of color and has developed specific resources around COVID-19. Learn about Coronavirus Racism and tools for interrupting it from Iowa State University.
- Surviving and Resisting Hate from the Immigration, Critical Race, and Cultural Equity Lab.
- Recommendations for reducing stigma and building resilience from the CDC.
BIPOC Therapist Directories
- Avel Gordly Center for Healing at OHSU for the African and African-American community
- Melanin and Mental Health
- Inclusive Therapists
- Therapy Den
- Search at Psychology Today for Black Therapists, Latinx Therapists, Asian Therapists, The Asian, Pacific Islander, and South Asian American (APISAA) Therapist Directory
- Conexiones at Western Psychological and Counseling Services
- National Queer and Trans Therapists of Color Network
- Loveland Therapy Fund provides financial assistance to Black women and girls seeking therapy nationally.
Forest Grove Clinic
2142 College Way
730 SE Oak Street, Ste. D
SCC 24/7 Support & Crisis Line | 503-352-2999
UC Box A174
2043 College Way
Forest Grove, OR 97116