Academic Program Proposal Resources
New Academic Program Approval and Implementation
The approval process for new programs requires review and endorsement by all constituents in the university governance structure. Documentation on the approval process can be found in Chapter 6 of the University Faculty and Governance Handbook.
Forms and Guidelines
Step 1: Submit Transmittal Form for Program Changes. Once received, this will be reviewed by the Provost's Office and then the Executive Assistant to the Provost will outline the next steps in this process.
Step 2: Complete the Program Proposal Template in Curriculog. Please refer to this New Program Proposal Template Frequently Asked Questions document for tips and best practices.
- Log in in the upper right corner via single sign-on.
- Click on the blue “+New Proposal” button.
- Then click on the check mark to the right of “2023-2024 Proposal for New Program.”
If you need assistance getting started or while filling out the online form, please reach out to Executive Assistant to the Provost Maegan Jossy.
- After the “program title” field is filled in, this will become the title of this proposal document.
- While filling out the form, please save your work frequently.
- When logging back in, you’ll find this document under “My Proposals.”
Step 3: Complete Appendix A - Support Services document and attach it as a file to the proposal in Curriculog.
- Certificate Program Guidelines
- 2023-2024 Governance Calendar
- Program and Initiative Approval Process Flow Chart
- Required Support Contact List for New Program Proposals
The Implementation Committee
The committee provides a comprehensive forum for an in-depth review of all support needs, including staffing levels during the new program development process.
2023-24 Committee Chair: Nikol Roubidoux, Registrar
Administrative Support: Maegan Jossy, Executive Assistant to the Provost/Academic Affairs
Members include representatives from the following areas of support:
- Undergraduate Admissions
- Graduate Admissions
- International Admissions, International Initiatives and International Student Services
- Marketing & Communications
- Academic and Career Advising
- Institutional Research
- Financial Aid
- Student Affairs
- University Information Services
- Budget Office
- Business Office
- Human Resources
- Academic Affairs/Accreditation
- Office of Scholarship and Sponsored Projects
- Compliance and HIPAA Privacy Officer
- Finance & Administration
- Executive Assistant to the Provost