Students who qualify for Dance Talent Scholarships receive awards that range from $1,000 to $7,000 for dance majors and $1,000 to $3,000 for dance minors. Students applying to Pacific as incoming first-year or transfer students are eligible for these scholarships. Scholarships are given to students based on merit, who intend to pursue a Dance major or minor and have a strong passion for continuing performing throughout all four years at Pacific University.
Consider applying for a scholarship to pursue your art at Pacific!
- Currently accepting video submissions!
- In-person audition/interview by appointment only - contact email@example.com to schedule it
- An in-person audition/interview is on Saturday, February 3, at Pacific University.
- February 17, at Arts and Academics Communication Magnet Academy< Beaverton, Oregon, at the National High School Dance Festival.
- Once you submit your application online, the department will reach out to confirm your attendance at the in-person audition.
- Additional limited in-person audition dates can be scheduled per request for January.
- Video/interview auditions are accepted until March 8, 2024
- Once you submit your video application, the department will contact you to confirm your interview Dates - for Feb/March TBA.
How to Apply
The Talent Scholarships in Dance are intended to help support distinguished dance students who plan to pursue a Dance Major or Dance Minor. Scholarships range from $1,000 to $7,000 for Dance Majors and $1,000 to $3,000 for Dance Minors. They are renewable for up to 4 years while completing a dance major/minor and yearly participation in Pacific Dance Ensemble performing company.
In order to apply for the talent scholarship application, you must be accepted through Admissions prior to submitting an application.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a message of your intent to apply.
- Submit the application package electronically at least two weeks before your in-person audition.
- Once you submit your application, the department will contact you to schedule an interview via Zoom.
- Applicants will be notified of their award by the Office of Financial Aid.
One Letter of Recommendation
Submit one Letter of Recommendation from a dance instructor/mentor via the application
Complete a Dance Resume (pdf files only)
Your resume should include the following information:
- Name, address, email, phone number:
- Insert a web link for access to your 2-minute solo at the top of your resume if you are auditioning by video.
- HIGH SCHOOL ATTENDED/CITY, STATE:
- Current GPA
- Intent to complete a Dance major or Dance minor
- Training at Dance School(s), area(s) of training, years of training in each area.
- Performance experience, featured roles and works, worked with specific guest artists
- Title of work, choreographer, description of work, location of performance
- The resume should be saved as Firstname.Lastname.Resume.pdf
- Example – Loie.Fuller.Resume.pdf
- Attach separate photo files from Resume (jpeg only)
- 8 x 10 black and white headshot photo (jpeg only)
Choose either below:
- 8 x 10 black and white photo of a side view in 1st arabesque (jpeg only)
- OR 8 x 10 a full-‐bodied contemporary dance image of yourself that clearly showcases the lines of the body (jpeg only)
As part of the application process, please record a 2-minute solo (see attire requirements below).
Introduce yourself and express why you would like to attend Pacific University’s Dance Program.
- Please list the link at the top of your resume to give access to your 2-minute solo in Youtube, Vimeo, Google Drive.
- Be sure to double-check check you have included the link as part of the application package. It can be in any dance form that represents your talent. Attire for your solo can fit the dance style.
- The deadline for a Video Submission is March 1, 2023.
- Interviews for video auditions will be held via Zoom on February 24, 2023, 3 -5 pm and March 3, 2022, 3-5 pm
Dance Attire for Audition
Women: close-fitting dance attire appropriate for the presentation of your solo.
Men: close-fitting dance clothes, dance belts, fitted t-shirts, Or appropriate for your solo.
Hair: should be neat and out of the face.
Shoes: Shoes should be appropriate for your solo and genre of dance.
Please contact email@example.com with questions regarding dance attire and any questions regarding the application process.
Once you have submitted your application, you will be notified to schedule an interview.
Requirements for scholarship awardees:
Students who receive a dance talent scholarship are expected to pursue a dance major or minor and participate in Pacific Dance Ensemble yearly.
Jennifer Camp | Director of Dance
2043 College Way, UC Box A131
Forest Grove, OR 97116