Students who qualify for Dance Talent Scholarships receive $1,000 to $5,000 each year, for up to $20,000 during four years at Pacific. Students applying to Pacific as incoming first year or transfer students are eligible for these scholarships. Scholarships are given to students based on merit and who intend to pursue a Dance major or minor and have a strong passion to continue performing throughout all four years at Pacific University.
Consider applying for a scholarship to pursue your art at Pacific!
- Friday afternoons through December 6, 2019 by appointment with Director of Dance email@example.com
- Saturday, February 15, 2020 1 PM
- Individual audition/interview (based on availability through March 1, 2020)
- By video audition (see information below /deadline to be submit application March 1, 2020)
How to Apply
The Talent Scholarships in Dance are intended to help support distinguished dance students who plan to pursue a Dance Major or Dance Minor. Scholarships will be offered in amounts of $1000-‐$5000 per year, renewable dependent upon continued participation, for a total of up to $20,000.
In order to apply for the talent scholarship application, you must be accepted through Admissions prior to submitting an application.
- Submit application package electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks before your audition.
- Once you submit your application, you will be contacted to schedule an audition time slot.
- In person audition will include
- Present a two minute solo in the dance genre of your choice.
- Followed by an interview
- See below if you cannot attend one of the auditions dates in order to submit a video submission.
- Applicants will be notified of their reward by the Office of Financial Aid.
One Letter of Recommendation
Submit one Letter of Recommendation from a dance instructor/mentor sent directly to email@example.com
Complete a Dance Resume (pdf files only)
Your Resume should include the following information:
- Name, address, email, phone number:
- HIGH SCHOOL ATTENDED/CITY, STATE:
- Current GPA
- Intent to complete a Dance major or Dance minor
- Training at Dance School(s), area(s) of training, years of training in each area.
- Performance experience.
- Title of work, choreographer, description of work, location of performance
- The resume should be saved as Firstname.Lastname.Resume.pdf
- Example – Jennifer.Camp.Resume.pdf
- Attach separate photo files from Resume (jpeg or pdf only)
- 8 x 10 black and white headshot photo (jpeg or pdf only) AND
Choose either below:
- 8 x 10 black and white photo of a side view in first arabesque (jpeg or pdf only)
- OR 8 x 10 a full-‐bodied contemporary dance image of yourself that clearly showcases the lines of the body (jpeg or pdf only)
Video Audition Option
- If you cannot attend an audition date. You may submit a video audition along with the above application material. Please supply below one video link of a two-‐minute solo. Be sure to give credit to the choreographer.
- Introduce yourself and express why you would like to an attend Pacific University’s Dance Program.
- Once you submit your video application, interview questions will be sent out to you to complete and submit.
- Please list on your Resume the link to your 2 minute solo on Youtube, Vimeo, Google Drive. It can be in any dance form that represents your talent.
- Deadline for a Video Submission is March 1, 2020
Once you have submitted your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, you will be notified to schedule your dance audition.
Dance Attire for in Person Audition
Women: close fitting dance attire appropriate for the presentation of your solo.
Men: close fitting dance clothes, dance belt, fitted t-shirt, ballet slippers, bare feet, or socks appropriate for your solo
Please prepare a solo in the style of your choice, maximum of two minutes that showcases your technique, artistry, and musicality. This might be an excerpt from a dance you have performed or learned in class. Please be sure to give credit to the choreographer who created the solo or work in both in person and video audition.
Requirements for scholarship awardees:
Students who receive a dance talent scholarship are expected to pursue a dance major or minor and participate in Pacific dance ensemble yearly.
Jennifer Camp | Director of Dance
2043 College Way, UC Box A131
Forest Grove, OR 97116