Please consider a donation of a toy or clothing to brighten the holiday for children. NHOH is partnering once again with the Western Farmer Workers Association for its annual Holiday Giving Tree project.
Office of Equity, Diversity, Inclusion & Accessibility
The primary role of the Office of Equity, Diversity, Inclusion & Accessibility is to lead and manage an institution-wide effort to support and further develop a diverse community of faculty, students, and staff at Pacific University through development and programming that foster equity and inclusion in the broadest sense possible. Pacific University continues to work on multiple fronts to continue to support the University’s long-time tradition of being a nurturing and supportive learning environment, preparing students for success in a diverse, global community. We serve the diversity goals and educational mission partnership with the University Diversity Committee.
- Pacific University Bias Incident Report Summary, 2017-2022 - NOW AVAILABLE
- The full 2020-2021 OEDI Executive Summary Report is now available to view.
- Read the letter from our Chief Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Officer
- The Office of Equity, Diversity, Inclusion & Accessibility's Mission, Vision, and Values
- Donate to the OEDI Fund to help support student, faculty and staff professional development!
Affinity Groups are a vital part of the OEDIA programming that provides direct community support for faculty and staff. Affinity Groups are spaces made for folks who share an identity to convene together, build community, offer support, and explore identity. The OEDIA knows it is important to center our identities in order to build community and gain support from peers.
OEDIA currently offers three employee affinity groups for BIPOC, LGBTQIA+, and anti-racist white allies. A bookclub begins September 2021! For more information, see the Affinity Group webpage.
Bias Incident Education Team
How to file a Bias or Hate Incident Report: If you have experienced/witnessed a bias incident, there are several ways to submit a report.
- Complete an online bias incident report by clicking the following link: Bias Incident Report Form
- Call the Office of Equity, Diversity, Inclusion & Accessibility at (503) 352-2428 during business hours to make a report.
- You may request an in-person meeting to report a bias incident by emailing email@example.com with your request.
Diversity & Equity Campus Climate Survey
Under direction from the University Diversity Committee, a sub-committee was formed to review the 2019 Executive Summary and create a presentation along with recommendations. This presentation is going through a governance tour across all major university committees and several departments, including President's Cabinet, Provost's Council, Faculty Senate, Staff Senate, University Council, and student senates.
The Office of Equity, Diversity, Inclusion & Accessibility looks forward to using the survey data and recommendations from the Diversity Committee to be able to engage the entire university in continuing anti-racist work that supports all students.
The executive summary, presentation, and a recorded version of the presentation available to anyone at the University via Box.
The NHOH Holiday Giving Tree is wrapping up on Nov. 30. Please consider a donation of a toy or clothing to brighten the holiday for children.
Spots are still available at the NHOH tapa flower making workshop on Tuesday, Nov. 28. Create two tapa flowers and learn about the history and use of tapa in many Polynesian cultures.