Faculty & Governance Handbook
Pacific University Faculty and Governance Handbook
Chapter 1: The University: History and Policy
Chapter 2: The Pacific University Governance System
Chapter 3: Administrative Organization
Chapter 4: Conditions of Faculty Employment
Chapter 5: The Student Conduct Process
Chapter 6: Procedures Governing Academic Program Reviews, Additions, Relocations, Expansions, and Elimination
Please note: In 2014, The Handbook was reformatted. Changes included combining the six chapters into a single document with consistent fonts, styles, numbering, capitalization rules, etc. (see style guide below for more information). A table of contents was also been added to each chapter. In addition to content and formatting changes, some of the numbering was changed. If you have other documents that refer to numbered sections in the Handbook, please make sure those references have been updated. Under RESOURCES below there is a "cheat sheet" that may be able to assist you.
The handbook is updated on July 1 (all chapters) and January 15 (all chapters except chapter four which corresponds with faculty contracts) each year. The most recent version of the handbook is always available on this webpage, so we encourage you to avoid downloading the document.
If you have questions about the reformatting or need a copy of the Word version of any section of the handbook, please request a copy from:
Maegan Jossy | Executive Assistant to the Provost
University Faculty and Governance Handbook Style Guide
Reference Number "Cheat Sheet"
Conflict of Interest (Rev 2015)
External Consulting Disclosure Form (Rev 2015)
Administrative Organizational Chart
Shared University Governance Structure Chart
Pacific University Charter
College/Unit Governance Documents
New Academic Program Approval and Implementation
- New Program Proposal Template Frequently Frequently Asked Questions (see specific notes for Mac users)
- Transmittal Form for Program Changes (To be completed and submitted prior to discussion of a program change or addition.)
- New Academic Program and Business Program Template (Contact Executive Assistant to the Provost Maegan Jossy for the most current proposal.)
- Required Support Contact List for New Program Proposals
- Budget Plan Templates/Narratives (Contact Sarah Morse with any questions)
- 2023-2024 Governance Calendar
- Program and Initiative Approval Process Flow Chart
- Certificate Program Guidelines
For additional information please visit the proposals webpage.