Committees and Representatives
Opportunities for staff representation on Staff Senate committees and University Committees are available; contact email@example.com or the Chair of the committee if you'd like to participate in campus governance.
This committee assists Human Resources in providing and preparing staff development workshops and seminars; explores opportunities for staff to build strong and productive relationships across the campus community. They work to provide leadership opportunities, technology training and other staff professional development opportunities. This group also plans the annual All Staff Conference (held in June).
The Caring Committee
Chair: Katie Lardy
Works to create a community of encouragement among the Pacific staff by sending notes of care in response to life-changing events such as staff/family medical crises, marriage, new babies, the loss of a loved one; and birthdays. To request care for a co-worker, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Welcoming Committee
Chair: Pamela Arnold
Provides a personalized welcome to each new non-faculty employee; helps newcomers with mentoring and orientation to the greater Pacific community; and, with the support of Barnes & Noble @ Pacific bookstore, offers discounts to promote Boxer Spirit. If you have questions about the Welcoming Committee or would like to volunteer, please email email@example.com if you have a message for the Welcoming Committee.
Organizes social activities such as the Halloween costume competition, the pancake breakfast, canned food drive, and more. Many events are family-friendly and open to the greater Pacific community or the public at large. Participation is wholly voluntary. If you have suggestions for events or programs, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Secretary chairs this committee and is a member of the Executive Council. This committee enhances communication between the Staff Senate, the staff and the campus community. The committee works with other committees to engage staff in events and professional development opportunities.
The Governance Committee Chair is a member of the Executive Council. This committee coordinates the election process for the Staff Senate, monitors vacancies and reviews the bylaws and the University Faculty and Governance Handbook language regarding the Staff Senate on a regular basis.
Ad Hoc Committees
- Ad hoc committees shall be appointed by the Executive Council as needs arise, or as requested by a Standing Committee for special business under the committee’s jurisdiction. Ad hoc committees shall elect a chairperson who will be charged with presenting the issues and responding with the committee’s findings to the Senate.
- The term of an ad hoc committee shall be determined by the matter under consideration. Following the completion of its task(s), the ad hoc committee will disband.
- Ad hoc committees shall accept the tasks assigned to the group by the Executive Council; address the item in a responsible and timely manner; and make progress reports on the group’s activities to the Staff Senate, as well as a final report with/without recommendation(s).
- Membership shall include a minimum of one Senate member.
University Council Standing Committees
Senators or designated staff members also serve as representatives to the standing committees as established by the University Council:
- Finance Committee
- Diversity Committee
- Technology Committee
- Health & Safety Advisory Committee
- Honors and Awards Committee
- New committees as developed by the University Council or University President