Vision, Mission, and Goals | Academic & Career Advising
Academic and career advising is integral to a Pacific University education. We inspire students to connect their experiences to a meaningful future and empower them to actively engage in their academic and career development.
Academic and Career Advising (ACA) at Pacific University:
- Provides trustworthy, credible, and centralized advising services and resources.
- Creates a welcoming and caring environment that fosters authentic interactions amongst all stakeholders.
- Embraces the whole student and provides services that are tailored to each student’s needs.
- Collaborates with students to expand options in making informed, values-driven decisions along their academic and career journey.
- Provides students with the support and resources to envision and articulate connections between academics and career.
- Advocates for an equity-based learning environment throughout the university.
- Clarify internal processes and roles and cross-train within ACA to ensure we are providing clear, consistent, authentic, equitable, and reliable academic and career advising to all students.
- Continually evaluate university systems and practices related to academic and career development, and advocate for greater accessibility and equity when gaps are identified.
- Maintain individualized professional development plans to enable each advisor to stay on the cutting edge of current academic and career advising practices, including an in-depth knowledge of their assigned specialty area(s).
- Through strategic communication and relationship-building with various campus stakeholders, develop/maintain university-wide reputation as an indispensable student resource.
- Hold ourselves accountable to enacting our values as being a student-centric Center (here, “student” includes prospective students to alumni) by:
- Actively engaging students in their academic and career development process
- Empowering students to self-advocate
- Advocating for and making decisions based on the best interest of students.
- Tailoring our services to the unique life situations and developmental stage of our students.
- Proactively facilitate connections between students and external partners.
- Evaluate workload changes, timeline, and resources needed to implement new FG freshmen and sophomores being initially advised through the Academic and Career Advising Center.