School of Dental Hygiene Studies
The School of Dental Hygiene Studies (DHS) at Pacific University offers a bachelor of science in dental hygiene. This program includes two years of dental health courses completed at Pacific University, following completion of required prerequisite coursework. The school also operates a 16-chair Pacific Dental Hygiene Clinic at the Pacific University Hillsboro Campus.
The mission of the School of Dental Hygiene Studies at Pacific University is to provide an outstanding education for our students, compassionate care for our patients and exemplary service to the community and the profession.
To create and sustain a reputation of excellence in education, service and scholarship that is widely recognized and respected in both the profession and the community.
- Prepare dental health professionals for leadership roles in clinical practice, public health, education, research, administration and advocacy.
- Provide patient-centered care that is culturally appropriate and based on current standards of practice.
- Foster an environment that promotes discovery, application and dissemination of evidence-based research.
- Promote a commitment to service through professional association involvement, community partnerships and interprofessional collaborations.
At the School of Dental Hygiene Studies
- You will find faculty who care deeply about the learning process and are committed to your success in the program
- You will enjoy a broad educational experience which emphasizes communication skills, critical thinking, cultural awareness, community service, and professional leadership
- You will learn in a supportive environment which embraces creativity, flexibility, and diversity
- You will study in state-of-the-art classroom and clinical facilities at our Hillsboro Campus along with graduate students in physical therapy, occupational therapy, physician assistant studies, professional psychology, pharmacy, healthcare administration and audiology
- You will provide care to diverse patient populations in our 16-chair Dental Hygiene Clinic which provides dental health services to the community with special emphasis on patients who have limited access to dental care
- You will complete clinic enrichment experiences in a variety of healthcare settings which include a dental school, public health clinic, community hospital, Indian Health Services dental clinic, managed care clinics and a long-term care facility
- You will have a unique opportunity for interdisciplinary study with students and faculty in Pacific University's other professional programs and through a broad range of community affiliations