Is an MBA for You?
Many professionals consider earning an MBA at some point in their careers. Is an MBA right for you? Read answers to some of the questions our candidates ask as they make this important decision.
What Is an MBA Program?
An MBA is a graduate program in business administration, with courses in areas including marketing, finance, organizational development, operations and business law. An MBA prepares you to be a leader in many fields, or to start your own business.
What Are the Benefits of Earning an MBA?
With an MBA degree, you can:
- Increase your competitive edge in the job market. An MBA provides instant credibility, allowing you to stand out to prospective employers.
- Earn a higher salary. Studies show that MBA graduates earn more than those without the advanced degree.
- Better understand business principles and industry markets. A Pacific MBA offers opportunities to deepen your business acumen and to build applicable, real-life skills you can apply to your career.
- Grow your professional network. Students have an unique opportunity to form relationships with students and faculty, and become a part of a close-knit community.
Why Should I Choose Pacific University for an MBA?
- The Pacific MBA program is designed for working professionals, so that you can earn your degree in 15 months without taking a break in your career.
- Our program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs. This accreditation ensures that students gain the right skills from their educational investment.
- Courses are offered in an alternating-weekend schedule on Friday afternoons and Saturdays. Students may complete courses at our Hillsboro campus or remotely over Zoom. Your class time with your cohort is dynamic and interactive, with instruction, group work and presentations, and time to connect with professors.
- You’ll learn from College of Business faculty committed to bringing our students a combination of real-world experience and cutting-edge scholarship. Plus, all MBA students can work individually with our Director of Placement Services for job search and professional development support.
What Is the Career Outlook for MBA Graduates?
The advantage of holding an MBA degree when competing for management positions is undeniable. Plus, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) predicts steady growth in management positions, with an 9% average increase in supervisory-level positions by 2026, creating over 900,000 new jobs.
What Can I Do with a Pacific MBA?
A Pacific MBA can open new doors for you.
Erika Chavez, class of 2019, was working with the Trail Blazers when she started the MBA program. After graduation, she accepted a position at Nike. Owen Tau-a, class of 2022, was working at Yamato Transport when he started the MBA program. Through networking within the cohort, Owen found a new position at Eye Health NorthWest.
Pacific MBA students and graduates hold positions in public and private organizations, government, and nonprofit organizations in areas like sales, research, advertising and promotion, and management. Alumni work at leading organizations including Kaiser Permanente, OHSU, Nike, Trail Blazers, Amazon, Intel, BVR, Reyes Engineering, Virginia Garcia, Daimler, Providence Health and Services, Pacific University, State of Oregon, Hillsboro Aviation, Stoller Winery, Golden Valley Brewery, and many others.
These are some of the common questions our prospective students ask, but every candidate’s situation is unique. Contact Ally Govi, Assistant Director of Graduate Admissions, with your questions about the MBA program. She can help answer questions about courses, program requirements, admission, financial aid, and more.