Types of Programs
Graduate and Professional Programs
The participating Pacific University Graduate and Professional Programs include the following
Doctor of Audiology
Doctor of Occupational Therapy
Doctor of Optometry
Doctor of Pharmacy
Doctor of Physical Therapy
Master of Physician Assistant Studies
Master of Speech-Language Pathology
Master of Social Work
Maintaining Advantage Scholar Status
In order to successfully maintain the status of an Advantage Scholar students will be required to:
- Complete the curriculum appropriate for their profession of interest
- Pass HPE or PACU 190: Passport in Health Professions Education (1 credit)
- Pass HPE or PACU 290: Intro to Clinical Practice (1 credit)
- Pass HPE or PACU 390: Managing the Graduate School Application Process (1 credit)
- Maintain Pacific University cumulative 3.2 GPA
- Complete academic advising; including course planning
General Program Timeline
- HPE or PACU 190 – Fall of the first year
- Apply to the Advantage Program – January of the first year
- HPE or PACU 290 – Spring of the second year
- HPE or PACU 390 – Fall of the third year
- Apply to the Graduate or Professional Program of choice – during the third/fourth year within the timeline designated by each individual program
- Interview – Dates to be determined by graduate/professional program
- Complete Senior Year
Learn more about the requirements for the Advantage Program and the application process.
Transfer Student Timeline
Transfer students and current students with junior standing will be eligible to become Health Professions Advantage Scholars, but they may be required to complete work out of sequence from that of students who enter the program as freshman.
Note: This timeline applies to students who transfer to Pacific University with an amount of credits that place them in the equivalent of their junior year.
Transfer students who have less than junior credit standing will need to speak with the Advantage Advisor regarding the most appropriate timeline.